Thursday, March 03, 2005
As the sem ends..
konting tiis na lang..
yan ang iniisip ko pag nahihirapan na ko sa pag-aaral.konting tiis na lang..
Being a sophomore student at the University of the Philippines is one thing that I am proud of.
Second year n ko, nandito pa rin ako. However, being here is not all that. A lot of pressures must be relieved once you experience the
iskolar syndrome, as I call it.
I've never been to the library during my high school and even during my elementary days. To me, the library is for geeks only.
Sorry for this idea. However, going to the library once in a while is part of being a UP student. I must admit, that I am sometimes afraid to visit the library. I don't know why; maybe because I cannot speak out loud there.. Haha!
During my high school days, reviewing for an exam was normally done the night before the exam. Being a UP student, this must be done a week before the exam, or else you might fail.
The
iskolar syndrome can also attack a person even at home. Signs of the attack of the syndrome is when you accidentally/intentionally said intellectual words explaining some things.
Being a UP student, and having the
iskolar syndrome, several pressures attack you one at a time, or even all at once. Exam pressures is one pressure that is felt when there is an upcoming exam and you havent reviewed yet. Grade consciousness is also another pressure (
sorry!) where in you try to keep up with your previous sems' GWA. This pressure can lead to another pressure, the US-CS pressure, wherein you try to make it to the Dean's list. Even time pressure is experienced by students like me when there are so many papers/reports/reactions to submit in a week. Sleeping can also bring pressure to one when a person hasn't finished reviewing for a quiz or exam that he or she will take the next day. Of course, family and relatives pressuring you cannot be excluded. Your parents pressuring (?) you to "do the best you can"; parents bragging to their friends that their child/ren is/are studying at UP; relatives doubling the pressure by adding "Dr." to your name or acknowledging you as a soon to be doctor. I know that I should be proud but the pressure is still there.
Parang wala akong mukhang ihaharap sa kanila pag 'ndi ako naging doktor. The last pressure that I can think as of now is the pressure that a UP student gives to him/herself.
Self-explanatory naman na 'to, 'di ba?
As the sem ends, all these pressures and the
iskolar syndrome attack me simultaneously. I accidentally ejaculated the boiling point of water when I was cooking dinner (
natapunan ako ng mainit na tubig with acetic acid~vinegar). So many papers to finish. Exams scheduled at the same day (for some) and a day after the other (for some). Studying and reviewing at the library and about 3 days before the exam
must be my habit. Grades to keep track so that my GWA for this sem will not fall to around 2.0. Haay!
konting tiis na lang..
matatapos na ang sem..
two weeks na lang..
tapos na ang sem..
konting tiis na lang..
-ryan- fell asleep @ 10:26 PM
☺☻☺